Mandarin Chinese Beginner-Level I - A book that you can use to learn Mandarin Chinese by yourself at your pace!
Mandarin Chinese Beginner-Level I is a book carefully designed for the non-native speakers who embark on acquiring the needed knowledge and communication skills. Unlike many other campus-oriented Chinese language learning materials, this book puts a special focus on practical usage through a number of real-life situational dialogues.
This book starts from the basic pronunciations, single phrases, to situational dialogues. New words and expressions come after each lesson. All the sentences in the texts are annotated with detailed explanations. The uniqueness is that each Chinese sentence is not only marked with Chinese pronunciation (Pinyin) and English translation but also presented with Chinese sentence structure in English. This special design helps the beginner-level learners quickly familiarize the Chinese sentence structure as well as the grammatical functions through comparisons.
Key words related to the particular texts are also annotated in details together with sample sentences. This design better helps the learners on the specific usage of the particular Chinese words. At the end of each lesson, there is also a writing practice section which collects some of the key words that a beginner-level learner could use for their writing exercise.
All the lessons contained in this book have been recorded. The audio recordings are burned in a CD and sold together with the book.
The beginner-level learners are encouraged to start with the audio CD and learn from the very first lesson. You can use “pause” or “rewind” functions from your computer in order to better understand the audio recordings. You will need to learn the new words and expressions first before you start to learn any new lesson. You may also use the audio CD to help correct your pronunciations. Please note that the situational dialogues contained in the book are recorded in a slightly slower-than-real-life speed in order to help the beginner-level learners successfully overcome some initial expression difficulties they may encounter in their endeavor of acquiring the new language. You may speed up when this language becomes more and more familiarized to you.
Mandarin Chinese Beginner-Level I is a book that you can use to learn Mandarin Chinese by yourself at your own pace!.
Size of the book: 8.5"X11". Total Pages: 138. Published on: 01/05/2013
Welcome to Chicago Mandarin Chinese Center - The Largest Chinese Language & Culture Learning Center in Downtown Chicago!
Intermediate-to-Advanced Level Mandarin Chinese
- An In-depth Analysis on China-Western Cultural Differences is featured with carefully selected learning content, well-knitted course structure, profound analysis and neutral point of views combined with extensive exercises after each lesson. Readers and learners are believed to benefit immensely from this book.
Intermediate-to-Advanced Level Mandarin Chinese
- An In-depth Analysis on China-Western Cultural Differences is ideal for the higher learning institutions, colleges and universities which offer Mandarin Chinese programs, cultural research institutes, overseas Chinese teachers, college students with intermediate-level or higher proficiency, business professionals, or researchers and scholars who are interested in Chinese language and culture. The book integrates both Simplified and Traditional written form to facilitate learners with different preferences.
Size of the book: 8.5"X11". Total Pages: 316. Published on: 05/08/2013
Mandarin Chinese Beginner-Level III is a meticulously structured textbook satisfying the needs for beginner-level learners. The features of this carefully designed book lie in the simulations of situational communications in typical business settings. The vocabulary and phrases are purposely chosen and applied to imitate real-life dialogue. The other features of Mandarin Chinese Beginner-Level III also include:
- Emphasizing the practicality of the situational dialogue and logical conversion of the dialogue under different situations.
- Addition of a certain number of complementary vocabularies after each lesson to allow learners to expand their expression skills by applying the new words and phrases.
- Highlighting the interpretations of the key words and phrases from each lesson with multiple examples and exercises.
- Enabling learners to master the word and phrases by annotating every sentence contained in each lesson.
- Providing both simplified and traditional written forms to facilitate learners with different interests and preferences.
Size of the book: 8.5"X11". Total Pages: 184. Published on: 12/21/2013
Beginner-to-Intermediate Level Mandarin Chinese
One of the questions that many beginner-level learners often ask is about the next logical step they are going to take after they have successfully accomplished their Beginner-level I, Beginner-level II and Beginner-level III studies. Simply put, successfully completing the three Beginner-level studies does not naturally move you up to an Intermediate level. You will still need to close some "gaps" and overcome some barriers, such as speaking fluency, literacy, and the capabilities in utilizing the vocabulary you have learned to expand your expressions, in order to achieve an essential proficiency that is required to become an Intermediate-level learner. Beginner-to-Intermediate Level Mandarin Chinese satisfies your learning needs in a transition from the Beginner-level to an Intermediate-level and helps you comprehensively upgrade your skills in speaking, reading, syntax, grammar and literacy, etc.
Size of the book: 8.5"X11". Total Pages: 198. Published on: 04/02/2014
The texts and the vocabularies of this book are prepared in both simplified and traditional written forms to facilitate learners with different interests.
Chicago Mandarin Chinese Center
>>Mandarin Chinese Programs
Our Newly Published Chinese Learning Books
Introduction to the book Intermediate-to-Advanced Level Mandarin Chinese- An In-depth Analysis on China-Western Cultural Differences
One of the major challenges perceived in overseas Mandarin Chinese teaching in recent years lies in the excessive provision of pure-linguistic learning materials for beginner-level learners, while the food-for-thought which combines both language studies and cultural background analysis catering the intermediate-to-advanced level learners appears to be significantly insufficient.
Intermediate-to-Advanced Level Mandarin Chinese
- An In-depth Analysis on China-Western Cultural Differences addresses such a bottleneck with an aim to seek out a breakthrough in overseas Mandarin Chinese teaching circles.
Through real-life situational conversation on multiple topics, Intermediate-to-Advanced Level Mandarin Chinese
- An In-depth Analysis on China-Western Cultural Differences presents learners with cultural essence and pragmatic differences between China and the Western world, coupled with elaborations and interpretations of the impact of traditional culture and realistic environment on the mentality and behavior of Chinese people's modern life.
Chicago Mandarin Chinese Center is the Language Education Entity of Ganlin Corporation. © 2014 . All Rights Reserved.
Mandarin Chinese Beginner-Level II
Mandarin Chinese Beginner-Level II is a book carefully designed for non-native speakers or heritage learners who have had a basic foundation after a successful beginner-level I study in Mandarin Chinese. The focus of this book is to help the beginner-level learners to make further progress by applying the new vocabulary and sentence patterns learned to their daily communications.
Mandarin Chinese Beginner-Level II is composed of nine situational dialogues with the topics which are closely related to our daily life. New words and phrases are listed after each lesson. Multiple exercises associated with each lesson are designed to help the beginner-level learners to better solidify what they have learned from each text lesson. The types of exercises include:
• Elaboration of key words and phrases with sample sentences
• Translation of sentences from Mandarin Chinese into English and vice versa
• Supplementary words related to each text lesson
• Complete the dialogues based on the situational conversation in the texts
• Key words writing exercise sheets for learners to master important characters
• Annotations of all sentences in each text lessons
All the text lessons are prepared in both simplified and traditional written forms to facilitate learners with different educational background and academic interests.
Size of the book: 8.5"X11". Total Pages: 178. Published on: 01/06/2017
Mandarin Chinese Beginner-Level I
Mandarin Chinese Beginner-Level I is a book carefully designed for the non-native speakers who desire to acquire the needed knowledge and conversational skills in Mandarin Chinese. Unlike many other campus-oriented Chinese language learning materials, this book gears up to the needs of the business professionals and individuals who have plan to travel, work, study or live in China or have the needs to communicate with the Chinese people.
This book starts from the basic pronunciations, single sentences and expressions, to more practically used situational dialogues. New words, phrases and expressions are listed after each lesson. An adequate amount of exercises have been designed after each lesson. All the sentences in the texts are annotated with detailed explanations. Writing exercises and supplementary vocabulary were generated with advanced tools to help learners better master Chinese characters learned from each lesson. Chinese sentence structure is highlighted to provide learners with a unique view on the differences from English sentence structure, which is perceived as a special way helping the beginner-level learners quickly familiarize the Chinese syntax as well as the grammatical functions through comparisons.
This book is a product of Andy Zhang's 14 years face-to-face language teaching activities with thousands of business professionals and individuals. It is highly recommended to Beginner-level learners. Your satisfaction is guaranteed!
Size of the book: 8.5"X11". Total Pages: 172. Published on: 01/04/2018