We provide 7 different ways to facilitate you to learn
Mandarin Chinese at your preference
- Onsite Learning (All the classes are taught at our downtown building)
- e-Learning (You take all the classes at your own pace with all the e-Learning packages we provide)
- Onsite learning + e-Learning (Part of the classes are taught onsite and you take the rest via e-Learning)
- Live Online Learning (All the classes are taught live online through Zoom teaching platform)
- Onsite Learning + Live Online Learning (Part of the classes are taught in classroom & the rest via live online)
- Live Online Learning + e-Learning (Part of the classes are taught live online & you take the rest by e-Learning)
- Onsite Learning + Live Online Learning + e-Learning (Combination of all learning modes)
Live Online Learning
Taught by Book Author: Our Live Online classes are taught by prominent Chinese language teachers, book authors and/or expert-level linguists with multiple years of teaching experience.
Teaching Platform: We use Zoom as our Live Online Learning platform. Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
Features: Our live classes are taught in real-time so our learning members can get personalized feedback from their teachers and interact with other learning members.
Learning Tools: Various learning tools available to support our learning members’ study include text books, e-Learning videos, audio recordings, flashcards, and e-Dictionary, Chinese characters writing tool, exercise sheets, etc.
Live Online Learning + e-Learning.
An Ideal Learning Approach for Remote Learners
Features of our Live Online Learning Solution Our live classes are taught in real-time so our learning members can get personalized feedback from their teachers and interact with other learning members.
Our Live Online Learning combined with e-Learning has known as an effective learning approach that is customizable to any remote learner’s learning needs.
- Remote learners who live anywhere outside the Chicagoland area
- Remote business professionals who travel frequently
- Remote learners who have irregular work schedule
- Remote school teachers and/or students with relatively fixed daily schedule
- Previous remote learning members who wish to take a refresher course
Based on the definition by the Economic Times, e-Learning is a learning system based on formalized teaching but with the help of electronic resources.
With the rapid progress in technology and the advancement in learning systems, it is now embraced by the masses. The introduction of computers was the basis of this revolution and with the passage of time, as we get hooked to smartphones, tablets, etc, these devices now have an importance place in the classrooms for learning.
Onsite Learning + Live Online Learning A combined in-person and real-time learning experience
- Each week, registered learners take one onsite lesson at Chicago Mandarin Chinese Center;
- Right after the classroom lesson, they receive an e-Learning summary video for that onsite lesson.
- Learners review that lesson their own electronic devices before the next classroom lesson
- At the end of all the classroom lessons, learners receive more e-Learning lessons which their textbook does not cover.
- By reviewing all the summary videos and the e-Learning lessons, they are able to finish the existing program and move forward to take the next-level program.
Our Live Online Learning
Our live classes are taught in real-time so our learning members can get personalized feedback from their teachers and interact with other learning members.
Various learning tools we provide:
Various learning tools available to support our learning members’ study include text books, e-Learning videos, audio recordings, flashcards, and e-Dictionary, Chinese characters writing tool, exercise sheets, etc.
Teaching platform we are using:
We use Zoom as our Live Online Learning platform. Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
Strongly recommend to learners who have irregular work schedule or inconvenient transportation
An integrated learning approach addressing all the challenges you may face in learning
–Our e-Learning Classes solidify your knowledge and constantly strengthen your skills
Size of Classes
- Usually involves 10-12 participants with same or similar level
- A class of 3 or more than 3 participants are considered a group class
- Classes can be taught onsite and/or Live Online through Zoom Platform.
- Suitable for adults, teenagers, youth and young children.
Time of Classes
- Classes can be arrnaged any day/time in a week.
- For local learners, classes are usually taught in a particualr weekday evenings (6:00pm-7:30pm) or weekends (Saturdays or Sundays) any time durimg the day.
- Online group classes can be taught any day and any time in a week.
Focus of Classes
- Focus of the classes can be different depending on learners’ situations and preferences.
- Speaking, reading and listening comprehension are usually the main focus of our different programs but writing could be added depending on learners’ interest and preferences.
Benefits of attending a group class
Most Beginner Level Learners prefer to start their initial learning process in an in-person group setting at a physical environment. By doing so, they believe that they can have a good chance to interact with the teacher directly.
We fully understand your preferences. Our onsite learning programs have benefited thousands of learners since 2004.
Our onsite learning solution provides you a face-to-face learning experience at our building located in downtown Chicago. You may also have such learning experience at your own facility. Our onsite learning could either be conducted in a group setting or on a one-on-one private tutoring basis.
—Mark C., Western Springs, IL
— Neka B., Chicago